Warehouse Materials Handler
The Energy Cooperative, headquartered in Newark, Ohio, serves over 67,500 electric, natural gas and propane members throughout east-central Ohio. As a non-profit cooperative, we are member-owned and controlled by the members we serve. We are committed to serving our members safe, high quality energy services at a reasonable price. We believe in our employees and strive to provide fair, honest and equal treatment with a commitment to training, education, and opportunity for advancement in a safe and secure environment.
At The Energy Cooperative, we take pride in offering competitive benefits and want our employees to have what they need to be their best.
Here’s a glimpse of the programs we offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Programs for Employee, Spouse and Children
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
We are currently looking to fill the position of Warehouse Materials Handler based at our Utica, OH Service Center. This is a full-time, non-exempt position responsible for the receipt and storage of materials in buildings, yard, and warehouse facility. Provides efficient and high-quality maintenance of buildings and yard in order to maintain a clean, attractive appearance and good operating order.
Nature and Scope of Position (Essential Duties and Responsibilities):
- Support and incorporate the Cooperative’s Mission, Vision and Values in professional behavior and decisions.
- Comply with all Cooperative policies, procedures, goals and objectives and meet attendance and punctuality guidelines.
- Understand, observe and enforce cooperative safety and security procedures and report unsafe conditions to department supervisor and/or safety department personnel.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds to include snow removal and miscellaneous Maintains and inspects all building fire extinguishers and AED’s.
- Assists in ensuring building maintenance is kept up to safety standards and that all repairs are made accordingly. Performs minor repairs to the building and mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Unloads materials received from vendors and suppliers and ensures the appropriate materials are received in accordance with material ticket. Assists with the receipt, disbursement and storage of materials and supplies and ensures that all materials and supplies are stored in an organized manner.
- Assists operations department with line work as needed to restore power to customers as quickly as possible. Loads and delivers necessary materials, supplies and equipment to line personnel at a specified job site when requested.
- Sets up meeting room as requested so meetings can commence on time and in an orderly manner. Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Assists in the reconciliation of inventory supplies. Orders supplies and materials as needed and communicates status of orders to appropriate staff.
- Maintains internal relations with all levels of Cooperative personnel. Maintains external relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, and the general public.
- Maintains a positive attitude and internal relationship with all levels of Cooperative personnel including upper management. Maintains positive and helpful external relationships with members, sales representatives, developers, contractors, and the general public in reference to maintenance and construction materials of the electrical system.
- Provides other services and duties as may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent GED. Must have a good working knowledge of the equipment and materials used in electric line construction and maintenance. Must have a good overall knowledge of building maintenance upkeep and warehouse operations. Must be able to read, write and do arithmetic. Possess operable computer skills and a willingness to learn new skills as to utilize various software programs, applications, and technology devices for work related functions.
- Certificates, Licenses and Training: An individual in this position must possess and maintain a valid State of Ohio Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and good driving record. Must have a thorough knowledge of first aid or CPR or be able to be certified within 90 days of employment. Must be proficient fork truck operator and maintain a fork truck certification.
- Language Skills: Must effectively present information and respond to inquiries from vendors, suppliers, and operations personnel in a thorough, professional, and conscience manner. Ability to interpret and communicate written and/or oral instructions required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work alone. Must be highly organized and have good memory aptitude. Must be able to safely operate a forklift. Working knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the upkeep of building maintenance needed. Must be familiar with the Cooperative’s safety rules and practices and adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this position an individual must have the ability to maintain sufficient strength to engage in manual labor encountered in the work area within the limits of sound safety practices. Heavy work requiring lifting in excess of 100 pounds may be required on occasion. Ability to lift and carry 10 to 50 pounds frequently is required. Must be able to move around the warehouse and pole yard in order to stock shelves and gather materials from and to a variety of places within the facility. Must be able to stock and retrieve merchandise from shelves using a ladder.
- An individual in this position would typically perform the essential functions of this position in both inside and outside conditions. While working outside an individual may be subject to adverse weather conditions and difficult terrain, and involve extensive driving, walking, lifting, carrying and/or bending. Considerable time is spent working while standing on concrete floors.
- Overtime may be required as well as working during non-business hours, outages, and weekends.
- This position is subject to pre-employment physical and substance abuse testing and may be subject to random testing in accordance with the Cooperative’s substance abuse policy.