ReWild Child: Maple Syrup Makers
Rewild Child is a pilot program offering forest exploration and play for Pre-K and Kindergarten students. The class is designed to make childhood an adventure again! Children get the chance to explore nature, take risks, solve problems, and fall in love with the natural world so they can become stewards of the earth. Forest free play is foundational for childhood wellness including building cognitive skills, increasing motor development, building focus and confidence, improving activity levels, connecting with others through social and emotional development, and building resilience. Parents/adults will be given updates each month updating them on what we experience as the seasons change.
The Nature Program Staff at Healthy New Albany will support and guide this child-led program, encouraging creativity and cooperation while playing in the forest. The staff will carry safety kits and be trained in wilderness first aid and CPR.
Part of this pilot program will be working with the New Albany City Forestry Department learning about forest safety and maintenance. Children will have an active role in creating a forest playground area behind the current ELC playground.
Please join us for this exciting opportunity to get children playing outdoors and to "Rewild your Child"!
- Single Class = $25/class (per child)
- Bundle & Save Discount = $20/class (per child) when you sign up for all 4 of the spring classes. (So when you register for all classes, it's a total of $80 instead of $100 - a savings of $20!)
Wednesday March 22nd
- Pre-K Students: 11:35 am - 1:20 pm
- Kindergarten Students: 12:30 - 2:00 pm
- PM/All Day: 3:40 - 5:10pm
Wexner Pavilion/Swickard Woods
- ELC students - an HNA Instructor will collect students from school and walk them to the Wexner Pavilion.
- Non-ELC students: parents should drop children off directly at Wexner Pavilion
- Students will eat a packed picnic lunch (provided by parent) as part of the program
Date and Time
Wednesday Mar 22, 2023
11:35 AM - 5:10 PM EDT
Pre-K Students: 11:35am - 1:20pm
Kindergarten Students: 12:30 - 2:00pm
PM/All Day: 3:40 - 5:10pm
Single Class = $25/class (per child)
Bundle & Save Discount = $20/class (per child) when you sign up for all 4 of the spring classes